The operation and management of CAMEO will be governed by a private company limited by guarantee, which is currently being established. The following guiding principles will be reflected in the aims of the organisation:
- to enable cremation authorities to achieve 50% abatement to meet the requirements of AQ1(05);
- to implement and manage a burden sharing scheme to enable 50% abatement to be achieved and the cost shared across the industry;
- to provide DEFRA with annual returns of the number of abated cremations taking place in the UK;
- to operate in an open and transparent manner;
- the organisation to meet the operational costs of CAMEO;
- for membership to be open to all UK cremation authorities.